Dash Point Social and Improvement
Club Scholarship Application
Congratulations 2023 Scholarship Winners
is from Dash Point. She enrolled in the Internet Academy after attending Meeker MS. An excellent academic student, talented dancer, choreographer, and fitness student, Jackie will be attending Louisiana State U in Baton Rouge this fall.
***Scholarships will be awarded to eligible graduating high school seniors who currently live in the Dash Point / Browns Point communities (See the Eligibility Map). ***
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Applicants planning to attend any two or four-year University, College, or Technical/Professional school this fall may apply. We also encourage students planning enrollment in university certificate programs, non-degree apprenticeship programs such as skilled trades, construction trades, healthcare, manufacturing or industrial education, management training, sales or merchandising fields to apply.
DPSIC SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP
The DPSIC is proud to provide a scholarship to a student who has contributed considerable time, effort, and voluntary service to our community. It is given in memory of Janet Flynn, the owner of Janet’s Table Supply, a small community store which was located near the old Dash Point School on Eastside Drive.
DPSIC APPLICANT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate with a diploma or a GED.
- The applicant or parent MUST be a current member of the Dash Point Social & Improvement Club. Annual dues are $10 per person. Please apply online or download the membership application and mail it in
- Be a current resident in the Dash Point / Browns Point communities (refer to eligibility map).
- Completed application form/with a cover letter.
- Submit the form online, by US mail, or deliver in person to scholarship chair.
- An essay describing your future educational / professional goals and why you have chosen this career path. (One typed page). **Verify statement with your signature.
- A signed high school transcript from your school’s registrar that includes your cumulative GPA (from grade 9) through the first semester of your senior year.
- A copy of acceptance letter from your chosen university / college / technical / vocational / professional school.
- Letters of recommendation can be included, but are optional
HOW TO APPLY
The DPSIC Scholarship application can be completed as follows:
Online Application Form: (Preferred Application Method)
Mailed-in / Hand deliver: (Downloadable Scholarship Application)
Address for Mail in/Delivery: 1502 Markham Ave. NE, Dash Point, Washington 98422
Submit an application when you have all required documents ready and completed. Submissions are due: May 1st by 5:00PM.
Any questions, please contact our Scholarship Chair.
Homes along both sides of the street on Norpoint Way NE and Browns Point Boulevard are eligible for the DPSIC scholarship. The lowest house number eligible for the DPSIC Scholarship on Brown’s Point Boulevard is #2120.