2021 Dash Point Social and Improvement Club Scholarship Application
***Scholarships will be awarded to eligible graduating high school seniors who currently live in the Dash Point / Browns Point communities (See the Eligibility Map). ***
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Applicants planning to attend any two or four-year University, College, or Technical/Professional school may apply. We also encourage students planning enrollment in university certificate programs, non-degree apprenticeship programs such as skilled trades, construction trades, healthcare, manufacturing or industrial education, management training, sales or merchandising fields to apply.
ABOUT THE DPSIC SCHOLARSHIP
In memory of Janet Flynn, the owner of Janet’s Table Supply, a small community store which was located near the old Dash Point School on Eastside Drive. The DPSIC community is proud to provide a scholarship to an individual who is hard working, pushing towards a goal with a sense of community service in their minds.
HOW TO APPLY
The DPSIC Scholarship application must be completed online (preferred) or sent through the mail (Downloadable Scholarship Application). Submit an application when you have all required documents ready and completed. The application will be available for the 2021-2022 academic year until Saturday, May 1st, 2021 by 5:00PM.
Any questions, please contact Kathy Martin at 253-927-6593.
DPSIC APPLICANT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Graduated with a diploma or a GED.
- The applicant or parent MUST be a current member of the Dash Point Social & Improvement Club. Annual dues are $10 per person. Please apply online or download the membership application and mail it in
- Be a current living resident in the Dash Point / Browns Point communities (refer to eligibility map).
- Completed online application form / submitted form through mail w/ a cover page.
- An essay describing your future educational / professional goals and why you have chosen this career path. (One typed page). **Verify statement with your signature.
- A signed high school transcript from your school’s registrar, includes your cumulative GPA through the first semester of your senior year.
- A copy of acceptance letter from your chosen university / college / technical / vocational / professional school.
- Letters of recommendation (Optional).
If you reside on a street shown on this map, you qualify for membership and eligibility for a DPSIC Scholarship.
Homes along both sides of the street on Norpoint Way NE and Browns Point Boulevard are eligible for the DPSIC scholarship. The lowest house number eligible for the DPSIC Scholarship on Brown’s Point Boulevard is #2120.