The Dash Point Social and Improvement Club began it’s incorporation in 1907!
Dash Point provided a healthy summer retreat from a fast growing city of Tacoma, attracting developments and permanent residents after sale of Puyallup Indian patent deeds were allowed by the State. In association with State, Pierce County and Park agencies, on donated landowner property, a hearty community helped build docks (4 exist today) and a Community Park with a clay tennis court (now MPD). In addition, with donations of land and materials, a clubhouse was built @1912 for social activities including dances, parties, concerts and numerous plays. A Brunswick Panatrope was also donated for the clubhouse. Important community meetings were held there throughout many years. (The clubhouse and property was sold in 1982, demolished shortly after, and homes are now built on the property).